💅🏼💜KNOW YOUR NAIL TREATMENTS 💜💅🏼
This is a durable polish which is applied to either the clients natural nails or over nail extensions it is then cured/set under a UV or LED lamp to a hard finish.
Gel polish should ideally last for up to two weeks but with kind aftercare they could last much longer.
This polish is soaked off with acetone.
💅🏼HARD GEL NAILS💜
These get their name because once cured the gel is tough enough to be made into a nail extension they can be used as an alternative to acrylic nails. Thick gels are applied to the nails either as an overlay to the natural nail for strength or as an extension over a nail tip.
Hard gels are very durable & hard wearing but also lighter & more flexible than acrylic thus giving a more natural feeling to them.
These nails require maintenance to them every two to three weeks to keep them looking at their best.
Hard gel nail removal can only be done by filing from the natural nail as a solvent soak off will not remove them.
💅🏼ACRYLIC NAIL EXTENSIONS💜
Acrylic nails are created by combining a liquid monomer & a powder polymer which is then applied to clients natural nail to build an extension using a nail tip or a nail form.
The acrylic sets on the nail quickly & after buffing smooth can either be left with a natural look or painted with a nail or gel polish.
Acrylic nails ideally require infill maintenance treatments every two to three weeks for the nails to stay in the best condition & looking like new.
Acetone soak off is required to remove acrylic extensions.
💜💜AFTERCARE OF YOUR NAIL TREATMENTS💜💜
- By using the following tips & advice you will be help to keep your nails looking at their best in between your salon appointments & at the same time be protecting your own nails.
- Treat nails with care, do not use them as tools, this causes the most damage to nails, think of them as jewels & refrain from using the nail edges or fingertips as tools this will damage the enhancement and natural nail.
- Always wear protective gloves when doing gardening and household chores, cleaning products and nails being over submersed in water can damage your enhanced or natural nails & also your skin.
- Do not pick, peel, full or forcibly remove the gel or nail tip, avoid tapping with the nail extension, picking them off will remove layers from the natural nail bed leaving damaged natural nails.
- If the nail enhancement is lifting or damaged and this is ignored it could lead to a bacterial infection, do not pick it off as damage will be done to natural nail, make an appointment as soon as possible with your therapist to check it over and repair.
- Massaging cuticle oil into the cuticle area of the nail is hugely beneficial if used at twice a day (bed time if possible) this nourishes the natural nail, encouraging healthy nail growth.
- Always dry hands thoroughly and moisturise hands and cuticles.
- If applying nail polish over gel use a base coat first to avoid staining.
- Remove polish with non-acetone nail polish remover. Acetone can dissolve the nail enhancement and dull the shiny finish ruining them. Acetone should only be used for removals.
- Be careful when near extreme heat and naked flames as this can cause nail extension to melt.
- Tinted lotions, suntan creams hair products and highly coloured foods can discolour nail enhancement so thoroughly wash hands after use or wear gloves to protect them.
- Certain medical conditions & medications can have an effect on your nails or cause products used on your nails not to work as effective as they should.
- Regular maintenance of your nails from your therapist is important & may be required more often if your nails are subject to a lot of hard wear due to your job etc. Any damage or lifting of the nails should be seen by your therapist as soon as possible for repair or removal to prevent any further damage.
- Keep your nails to a length which is appropriate to your lifestyle & job. As beautiful & appealing as longer length nails look they can require a little extra care & looking after, unfortunately they are not indestructible. Perhaps consider saving longer nails for special occasions only.
- Do not miss your regular maintenance appointments to ensure your nails stay looking their best. Infills should be done every 2 to 3 weeks.
💅🏼💜💜Enjoy your nails & have fun experimenting with bold, bright colours, even add glitter to them or try natural looking shades. Ask about different shape options for your nails.The possibilities are endless.💜💜💅🏼